October 13, 2022

Season closing

 Hello everyone

RTL is done for this season. You can view final standings and results on our web site www.rochestertennisleague.com

Congratulations to 2022 runner ups and champions:

Women's singles
Champion Lixia Yang
Runner up Samantha Roellinger

Men's singles level I
Champion Adam McDougle
Runner up  Josh Farr

Men's singles level II 
Champion : Meng Kong
Runner up Peter Martin

Pictures  from the finals on the link below

Thank you all for participating in RTL this year.  I hope you had a lot of fun matches over the summer.  

Divisional champions from session I and session II please send me your mailing address so I can send your awards ($20 gift card to Scheels) .

Session III started very strong with a minimal number of forfeits in the first couple of rounds but it seems like less and less matches were completed as the consolation rounds went on. Finally in week 5 we only completed about 40% of matches which resulted in only 72% match completion rate for entire session III.

This happens frequently towards the end of session 3  so maybe we should think about changing the format to  a single match elimination tournament  (players get eliminated after losing one match, no consolation rounds offered).  

Your feedback about RTL format and scheduling guidelines are welcome. Also if you have any other ideas about adding opportunities to play tennis through RTL let me know. Unfortunately we weren't able to set up an interleague meet this year. I communicated with the Owatonna association and also with Farmington but neither side seemed able to do it past summer.

I am also hoping we can set up  some one day tournaments in the future (such as Arch Open or Junior  tournament for local highschool players). As you know , summers go by way too fast here in MN and it's hard to find time for these events especially in between all other loca tournaments but hopefully we can do more in coming years 

I plan to run Sunday morning singles again this winter at RTC .  We usually start in October. If you would like to be added to that mailing list let me know. I will send an email once I know the exact starting date and cost.

Hope to see you all join us again next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment